To empower all students to be successful citizens, workers and leaders in a global economy.
Career & Technical Education fulfills this mission by:
- Preparing students for postsecondary education in career-technical fields and lifelong learning.
- Preparing students for initial and continued employment.
- Assisting students in making educational and career decisions.
- Applying and reinforcing related learning from other disciplines.
- Assisting students in developing decision-making, communication, problem-solving, leadership, and citizenship skills.
- Preparing students to make informed consumer decisions and apply practical life skills.
- Making appropriate provisions for students with special needs to succeed in career-technical education programs.
Competency-based courses are offered in eight program areas, with each area having school-based, work-based, or community-based learning opportunities.
- Agricultural Education provides students with the opportunity to participate in an integrated educational model that focuses students on careers in the food, fiber and environmental systems.
- Business and Information Technology Education plays a major role in preparing a competent, business-literate, and skilled workforce. This program is designed to integrate business and information technology skills into the middle and high school curriculum.
- Career Development Education is a process that involves students, parents, teachers, counselors, and the community. The goal is to help students make good decisions about themselves and their future.
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education prepares students for careers working with individuals and families, as well as for competence in the work of their own families. The concept of work, whether in a family or career, is central to the program area.
- Health Occupations Education program seeks to meet present and predicted needs for health care workers within a health care delivery system that is characterized by diversity and changing technologies. It is a program that recruits qualified and motivated students and prepares them for pursuit of appropriate health careers.
- Marketing Education prepares students for advancement in marketing and management careers and future studies in community and technical colleges or four-year colleges or universities. It encompasses activities within production, as well as aspects of consumption.
- Technology Education helps students develop an appreciation and fundamental understanding of technology through the study and application of materials. tools, processes, inventions, structures and artifacts of the past and present.
- Trade and Industrial Education is a secondary program that provides students the opportunity to advance in a wide range of trade and industrial occupations. They are prepared for initial employment, further education at the community college or university lever, and/or business ownership.